Barça dropped points today by drawing against Sevilla. Here’s my analysis of the game
- First of all: CALM DOWN. Yes we played badly but even though the final scoreline still should be 2-1 after Messi’s penalty at the end of the game.
- Speaking of Messi: he did more in one play on the right wing than Griezmann and Roberto throughout the whole first half. He did not however had a good game by his standards.
- Araujo is a beast. Speed and power of Puyol while being 191 cm tall. Uff! This guy deserves a number 4 and a permanent place in the first team.
- Sevilla is not a random team. Their pressing was murderous and unfortunately it worked against us because we’re a team that still learns how to play together.
- Tough game for Frenkie He was playmaking, defending the middle and covering the left side when Alba wasn’t there.
- Another horrific game for Griezmann. His missed chances cost us 2 points today. I’m afraid the only way to solve his dilemma is to bench him or play Messi on the wing.
- Ansu, Pedri or Trincao are awesome but they are still kids and occasionally will have games like tonight. It’s normal. Dest however was great – he debuted in a tough match and on the left side which is not his preferred one.
- I’d still rather see Riqui in the middle than Pjanic. And I still believe Koeman makes a mistake by not playing him.
- Coutinho after a strong start faded a bit in the background but still was a man of the match for me.
And how did you like the game? Comment below!
If you liked this post consider supporting my blog so I can keep growing! Thank you!